Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fun Weekend With the In-Laws

This past weekend Dallas' parents came to visit.  We had so much fun with them!  They got in late Friday night, and after picking them up at the airport we went for a much needed In N' Out run.  I must say that is one of the many things I will miss about California.  The next day we went to the batting cages in the morning and then went down to the beach.  I remember thinking all morning that my shorts felt different.  You know that feeling where you think somethings wrong with your outfit, but everything looks ok on the outside?  Yeah well, I'd had my shorts on backwards all morning!!!  No wonder they felt funny.  When I put them on I thought they seemed a little puffier in the front than normal.......that would be the spot for your behind!  So of course, we had to take  a picture!
We decided to go for a bike ride at the beach so we rented some tandom bikes.  It was so much fun!  I've always wanted to go riding on the beach, and I've always wanted to try out tandom riding.  We started at Huntington beach and rode down to Newport Beach.  It was really fun, but those seats can take a toll on you.  My butt is still sore today!  ( I tried to think of a different word to put other than "butt", but "behind" "toosh" or "backside" sounded funny)
So after our long bike ride, some Ice Cream was in order!!
After the beach and a quick stop for lunch, we went to Knott's Berry Farm.  I could not believe that Dan was willing to go!  And he was willing to go on rides!!!!!  This is a day to put in the history books!  I never thought I'd see my Father-in-law on a tandom bike, let alone just a bike, or on a ride at an Amusement Park!!  We had a blast though!  He went on all the rides except for one.  I was so impressed!  And he even liked the Xelerator coaster so much he almost ran to get in line again, but the park was closing so we didn't get to go.  I had so much fun and I love this new Dan that is willing to do so many fun things!  We had a BLAST!!
Sunday was a nice relaxing day after our exhausting day on Saturday.  We went to church, and then came home and watched the Jazz game.  Go Jazz Go!  Anywho, for dinner Dan taught me how to make stuffed peppers.  It was fun spending the time with him.  Kinda fun daddy-daughter-in-law moment.  Dinner turned out awesome and we were all stuffed!  After dinner we took them to the airport. 
We had so much fun this weekend and love it when people come to visit!  It makes us feel like we aren't so far away from home.  I can't believe we only have three months left!  I'm really excited to get back to Utah, but the whole idea of moving across two states stresses me out.  We still have to find a place in Utah to move into.  We are going up for a few days over the fourth of July so hopefully we'll be able to find something then.  Anyway, until next time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I am not the one who left the comment on the hair cut:) Second, what cute pictures:) Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Hopefully we will get down there soon to have a fun weekend too.