Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lindsey's Trip to the Dentist

The day started off kinda weird.  I took some Nyquil last night so I could get a good night sleep with my cold, but when I woke up this morning, I don't think it was worn off all the way.  I woke up feeling so exhausted and weak.  It was a joke trying to put my mascara on because my arms were so shaky.  So I was kinda nervous how I was going to be able to handle sitting through a root canal feeling like crud.  Anyway, we got to the dentist's office (which was sooooo incredibly nice by the way.  Completely different from something you'd expect in this part of California) So I go up front to talk to the girl thinking that she was going to try and charge me some outrageous price because she had no clue the situation in which I was there.  When I tried to explain to her that my boss knew Dr. Le and they had set this up, she thought I was being treated as an emergency patient. It got confusing so I just stopped trying to explain it, and decided to just deal with it when I was done.  Sure enough when I told her it would be cash she said that the exam and x-rays alone would be $98.00.  That is still a pretty good price, but dallas thought that might be the charge for "emergency" patients.  I decided that I would wait to pay till the end in case I would need to pay for the other procedures I got as well.   So they take me back and take my x-rays and then they moved me over to this other chair in the treatment part of the office.  After a few minutes the Dr. came over and he looked at the x-rays and said............(drumroll please...) I wouldn't need a root canal, just a filling!!!!!!!  Yay!!!  I can totally handle getting a filling.  So he numbed me up to give me the shot.  I've got to say that he is THE BEST DENTIST I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!  I never felt a thing when he gave me the shot.  Usually it stings and burns, but there was nothing.  It was amazing!  After a few minutes of letting that kick in, he gave me one more shot, which of course I didn't feel.  He was so gentle and so thorough when he was doing it.  I guess there was just a little bit of decay that he couldn't get with the drill, so he made the nurse go get some scraper thing so he could get it all.  Haha he kept joking with me that his work has to be perfect, and that it bugs him, even if there is just the tiniest bit left, if he can still see it.  The rest of the procedure went great.  He worked quickly and I never had any pain.  He is such a great guy!  So then Dallas came in the back to get me to go home and Dr. Le starts talking to him about how he has a herniated disc at L3-L4.  It was so cute watching them talk doctor stuff.  Dallas was telling him the kind of treatment that would be good for it.  They were buds :) Dr. Le took us up to the counter to pay and he told the girl to just waive the fee as a courtesy visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this guy! What a huge blessing!!!  So I have to say thanks to my boss, Casey, for setting this up for me!  What a relief!  Dr. Le said that if it's still hurting later on to come back and he will check the other teeth, but he was pretty sure that he fixed the problem.  It was funny, when he finished the filling the cavity, he was looking at it with his little mirror thing, and he got this big grin on his face and said,"Perfect!"  Hahahaha you can tell he takes pride in his work.  So the top picture is of me right after we left with my numb face.  Dallas said I looked like a stroke victim.  He said he was going to email it to his friends and say, "look what happened to lindsey after I adjusted her neck!" Very funny.  Then we went to IN 'N Out for lunch.  I just thought I'd post this pic to make all of you Utahns jealous that you don't have IN 'N Out.  And that if you wish you could have it, then come visit!!!  Well sorry I rambled and rambled, buuuuuuut, that's just who I am, so get used to it ;) 


2 comments:

Shellie George said...

Glad to hear you didn't need a root canal, cuz they can hurt. What a nice guy to do a complimentary visit for you. I really likes the part about the stroke victim you should forward that picture on and trick someone. MMMM In and Out huh, well we just had a concrete! To bad they don't have those in California.

Whitney said...

im so glad you didnt feel anything!!! i bet your so glad its over! haha! That pic of you is great! hahaha!!! It made my day thats for sure!