Dallas and I celebrated our second anniversary on Friday, and of course, nothing went as planned. It's quite an interesting story! We had softball playoffs right after work on Friday, which we ended up losing. That was a total bummer and we were both so worked up about how crappy the game was that we couldn't wait to get away for the weekend. Dallas had planned the whole thing, so I had no clue where we were going. We ended up driving down to Newport Beach. I was really excited because Dallas said that he had made reservations for us at a Bed and Breakfast. Super cute right? Well, we pulled into the driveway of this place called "Little Inn by the Bay." I remember thinking, "are we really staying here????" It was the most ghetto place ever! But I didn't want to say anything because I knew that Dallas had really tried to find a fun place to stay. We went inside to check in and the guy took our money and gave us the key to our room. When we walked in, I think we were both a little, or a lot, disappointed. It smelled funny, the furniture was old, the room was tiny, and it just looked dumpy. So then Dallas goes to check out the bathroom and he goes, "There's not even a tub!" HELLO!!!! It's a bed and breakfast! Isn't it supposed to be like mandatory to have a jacuzzi tub in every room? I would think so! So I was just bummed and Dallas said he was going to go talk to the guy because he made a reservation for a room with a tub. He came back about 5 minutes later and said that we were going to go somewhere else because they didn't have another room available. I was so relieved!! So he went back to talk to the guy to get our money back while I looked up other hotels in the area. He came back all upset and said that the guy wouldn't credit us back the $50.00 we had to pay as a deposit, but did credit us back the rest of the money. So we had to dispute that charge with our credit card company. What a pain. Anyway, we called a Raddison nearby and they said they had rooms available for the night that ended up being a cheaper rate than this whole in the wall. So we show up at the hotel and try to check in, and the guy told dal that he didn't have a reservation for us. Ugh!!! He tried to make us pay $20 more for a room on the ninth floor rather than our room on the floor level that we reserved. Long story short, Dallas pulled the "it's my anniversary" line and got us the room on the upper floor for the floor level rate. It all turned out fine in the end! Once again, I rambled...I apologize, but I have warned you! Here's some fun pics of the hotel stay:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Room service! Isn't it so much fun to order room service? I always feel so fancy! (oh, at the other place, the "bed and breakfast"....the breakfast was only a free continental breakfast. And they didn't even bring it to your room!!!!!)
We went to Balboa Peninsula (right by Newport Beach) and rode this ferris wheel they have right on the water. Pretty view huh? We also played some arcade games and got 50 tickets!!! It bought us an airhead. That's right, just one! Dallas said that's one expensive airhead!
Just a cool picture of the ferris wheel. It was totally old school. I loved it!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment