Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lindsey's new haircut

I had a pretty fun day today.  There's this patient that comes in to my office who works at a hair salon.  So I've been talking to her about needing a haircut since it's been since December.  She told me to come in to her salon and she would take care of me.  So I went in this morning for my appointment, and she set me up with the stylist that does her hair.  His name is Taylor.  Yep, I said He.  When she first told me that a guy was going to cut my hair, I thought he definitely had to be a little on the feminine side.  Meeting him in person was even better!  He was the nicest guy, but totally had his eyebrows waxed, and was wearing eyeliner.  Loved it!  Wow.  He actually did a really good job.  I told him that I wanted to keep my length, but add some "texture" to it.  So he gave me lots of layers.  Needless to say my hair feels really thin and I kinda miss having thicker hair, but I'm pretty sure it'll even out the longer it gets.  So after he got done styling my hair, he said that "this one's on the house.  Grace is taking care of it." (Grace is the patient I know)  So I got a free hair cut!  I'm really getting hooked up with all of this awesome service!  Free dental care and haircut!  It's been really fun.  I just wish I had met this stylist when I first got to California and not 4 months before we move to Utah.  

Anyway, this past week i've been sick with a cold that I inevitably passed on to Dallas.  The poor thing is sooooo sick!  I feel so bad for him!  I was sick, but it didn't wipe me out or anything.  He's burning up with a fever and is so stuffed up that I have currently become "liddy" instead of "linny" and he has a "cowd" not a "cold."  When I got home from work today he was just lying on the couch in his pj's.  So keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery.  
Also, this past week I have taken on working full time in the front office of my work.  The girl I worked with is pregnant and due this coming Sunday so she quit working last Friday.  I have learned a lot in the last few days about insurance billing and understanding EOBs.  Im grateful for the experience since I will have to know this in the future.  It's been great practice so far.  But I miss working with the patients, and It's not too fun sitting in a chair all day.  I like being able to get up and walk around during the day.  
I guess that's all for this post.  Sorry i'm such a rambler, but I did warn you!  And......Laurie.....post something!!  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure your hair is the only thing you had worked on? Loving you like only a sister can!