Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our fun adventures the past few months


We went up to San Francisco in October and met Dan and Shellie there.  We had so much fun!  We went to an Angels game at Oakland Stadium, walked around Pier 49 (definitely the place to go to people watch), and went to Ghiradelli Square. 
This was our trip up to St. George at the end of October for Shellie's softball tournament.  We've kind of made it a tradition with us George's to go every year.  It's so much fun!  The boys go golfing and the girls go shopping! This is Laurie, Hailey, and Kamryn just hanging out at a park wiating for Shellie's game to get done so we could go to dinner.  Can you tell that Hailey LOVES to have her picture taken?
This has definitely become craze of ours.  Guitar Hero!  And now recently, Rock Band.  Yes, Dallas and I are gamers.  We have an N64, a Wii, an XBOX, an XBOX 360, and Nintendo DS.  I'll admit it, we're addicted.  
I like to refer to myself as a Halo wife.  Kinda like an army wife, because as fellow gamer wives know, we lose our husbands to these games!  I know that Whitney and Laurie can attest to this. :) Dallas is sooooooo addicted to Halo and Call of Duty 4, it's sickening.  However, it can also be used as a great bargaining chip!  I've had to set some rules as to when he can play, it's pathetic.  I tried to protect my sister, Laurie, from this for as long as I could, but little did we know that our husbands were conspiring against us.  See, Laurie was getting Ben a 360 for Christmas so they could play guitar hero, and Dallas really wanted me to get him this new game Call of Duty, but I didn't want to encourage his gaming any more.  So he and Ben planned to get each other games for Christmas from "Santa."  Sure enough, on Christmas morning, Dallas was opening up Call of Duty, and Ben was opening up Halo 3.  Sorry Laurie!! But it is kinda cute if you want to think of it like that :)
Since we no longer live in Utah, we no longer have white Christmas'.  But Christmas just isn't Christmas without the lights at Temple Square. Thinking about this always made me homesick.  One night Dallas surprised me and took me to this park in LA.  It's this lighting display they have set up that you can just drive through!  Not Temple Square, but close enough!! Fun surprise!

0 comments: