My In-Law's own a timeshare in a house boat in Lake Powell. So every Labor Day we get to go! It is so much fun and I was excited to take Macie this year. She was four months old during this trip.
When we put her in the water for the first time, she absolutely HATED it! She cried and cried and screamed and screamed! You can tell by the look on her face that she was upset. She loves the water, but did not like the cold temperature.

My sun bathin' babe. So Cute!

I brought this little swimming pool so Macie could actually play in the water. We filled it up with warm water from the shower and she loved it. She couldn't sit up yet, so we just stuck the Bumbo in there.

Relaxing against the edge. Check out the diaper

Finally by the end of the trip Macie actually let me put her in the lake. I kept putting her in a little at a time every day, and by the second to last day she let me take her swimming.


One of her favorite things to do on the houseboat (since I didn't have any of her other baby things) was sit in the laundry basket. We put a blanket around the edges so if she toppled over it wouldn't be too hard.

It was really fun being in Lake Powell again, but very different having a baby too. It was hard not to be able to just leave and go play on the jet skis whenever I wanted because I was watching Macie. But I did get to go wake boarding this year (last year I was pregnant and couldn't go) so that was a huge bonus! This trip was very laid back and relaxing! My trooper of a sister was practically on boat arrest the whole time though. She just delivered her son 4 weeks before the trip and couldn't get in the water at all! She made the trek because she has two older girls that were dying to go. So it was nice that we spent a lot of time relaxing on the boat. Hopefully she didn't feel too cheated :) Love you sis!
0 comments:
Post a Comment