Monday, January 31, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

For Christmas I got Dallas a gas powered RC truck that he has wanted for a long time.  A couple days after Christmas he was talking to his uncle about his truck.  Turns out his uncle had some older trucks that he no longer used so he said that we could have them!  After seeing how much fun Dallas was having with his truck I was a little jealous...not gonna lie :)  So once we got these other trucks from his uncle I could have one of my own.  They just needed a little TLC.  We cleaned up my truck and made sure the major components were still in good working condition.  We also added some pink and purple accents to make it more girly (tubing, exhaust deflector, shock springs, and antenna tube).  It didn't come with a body (which you definitely need when you drive it to protect all the insides when you crash) so we ordered one online and then painted it pink and purple.  The finished product looks awesome!  I was really excited how it turned out, and even more excited to play with it!
 I had to put a "Throttle Girl" sticker on it.  Gotta represent!

 I love it! 

So Dallas and I are always trying to think of places to take our trucks to drive them.  So far we've made jumps out of plywood in our own front yard, and gone to a skate park.  They were both fun, but we were looking for a little bit more excitement.  So on Friday we went over to Full Throttle in Centerville.  Dallas' uncle that gave us my truck owns it and has a little mini motocross track built in the back of it.  He said we could drive our trucks on the track, and it was so much fun! Holy Cow!  Mud flying,  engines revving, and catching some wicked air!  I even got some video action.


As you can see.....It didn't end well.....


Oops, back to the hobby store! That's what we do.  We drive 'em 'till we break 'em, then we fix 'em up, and drive 'em some more!  So much fun!

0 comments: