Saturday, July 19, 2008

Best Laundry Moment Ever!

This is going to be a weird post, but I thought it was a story worth sharing.  Remember this fun skirt I got awhile ago?
Yeah, super cute right?  Anywho, the time came to wash the thing and I couldn't figure out if I should put it in with colors.  I didn't want anything else to bleed onto the white.  When I looked at the tag it recommended that it be hand washed.  Not really wanting to do that, I looked for a way to get around it.  So I called dear old mom.  However, she agreed with the tag and said I should hand wash it in cold water.  So I finally broke down and washed it in the sink.  (I don't know why I didn't want to hand wash it, the thought of doing it was just not appealing.  Isn't that why washing machines were invented?)  I let it air dry all day and then put it back in the closet.  A few days later I was packing to go to Utah and thought I'd take it along with me.  But, super bummer, when I pulled it out again, I saw that the black had bled onto the white and there were little gray blobs all over it!  I was soooooo mad!  The thing was brand new....and I followed the dumb tag instructions!  Ugh!!!  I was quite distraught, but I decided to just ask my mom what to do when I got to Utah that night.  She wasn't much help.  I thought for sure she'd know some magic trick to get it back to normal, but she didn't have any tricks up her sleeve.  So I just came to grips that I would no longer get to wear it.  The next day I told my sister the same thing.  She suggested that I try washing it again in the machine with one of these puppies.
Hallelujah!!!!!  It totally worked!  It sucked those color blobs right outta there!  Woo!  Thanks, Laurie, for the advice.  I totally recommend these things.  They're only like $3.00 and work amazingly.  I was suuuuper happy!  Now my skirt is back to normal.  Sorry if that was boring for you, but I thought it was worth blogging about. :)

1 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

I think that's a GREAT tip! I'll use it for sure!