Macie is at that stage where she wants to be involved in everything I do and get in to everything! For the most part, it is pretty cute and I like watching her learn and explore new things. She has also proven to be a great helper when I am trying to get things done around the house. Here she is helping me put away the laundry....
And here she is helping me either put something away in the fridge, or get something out. Either way she makes a beeline for the fridge whenever the door is opened. She loves to stand at the bottom and just play. Luckily (and knock on wood) she hasn't tried to pull anything off the shelves yet, or made a big mess. My mom told me stories about her babies breaking cartons of eggs, or spilling a gallon of milk and such. As of right now, Macie is just content to poke around very politely and not make a mess.
However, Macie loves to suck on this one bottle that is on the bottom shelf of our fridge. It's Braggs, Amino Acids. Weird that she loves to suck on it, and it's totally not a fluke. We even tried putting it in a different spot on the shelf, and she still found that bottle.
This is her classic "Mmmmmmmmm!" face! Oh Macie Rae, you are too funny!
Here, she is helping Daddy....well kind of. Dallas was watching Macie one night while I went and played volleyball. While I was gone I got this picture message on my phone. He said that she was just quietly entertaining herself (probably a little too quietly. We all know silence is trouble!) But he thought she was playing with her basket of diapers. When he checked on her, she had the lid off of the vaseline and had it smeared all over her legs (which you can kind of tell is a little shiny) and all over her hands and arms. Crazy kid!

Another of her favorite things to help me with is the dishes. I don't know which she enjoys more, playing in the fridge, or playing with the dishwasher. She also makes a beeline for this whenever I open it. It takes me a lot longer to load it these days because whenever I put something in, she takes it right back out. But, I also actually really love that she does this. I remember helping my mom with the dishes, and remember my nieces playing in the dishwasher when they were babies. So in some weird way, I get a feeling of fulfillment having my baby play on my dishwasher :)
And last, but certainly not least, Macie loves to help me clean the house! She does a great job of tearing up the toilet paper after I've already swept, and she loves to make a mess of just about anything else that I've already put away. I think I pick up her toys at least 5-8 times a day. I'll admit, some days this gets a little annoying and I just wish I could actually get something done and have it stay that way, but it's so fun seeing Macie explore and express herself.
Unfortunately, toilet paper is not the only thing in the bathroom that Macie likes to play with. She loves to play with the toilet. She plays with the bolts and covers whenever she can get away with it, and also love the toilet brush. Gag! Another favorite activity as of late is standing up against the bath tub and throwing her toys in. Then she makes a fuss until I get them out for her, only to have her throw them in again. It's a fun game we play....
She doesn't only like to stand up at the tub and throw her toys in, she also likes to stand up at the tub in between the shower curtain and shower liner while I am showering. At first, it was kind of funny because I would spray the liner (which is clear, so she can see through it) with the hose in the shower and it would kind of tickle her face and hands. But now, she has decided she would rather have a view that isn't hindered by the liner, so she grabs and pulls on it until it's out of her way. This means that I freeze! And that she gets soaking wet. Needless to say, taking a shower has become quite the challenge around these parts. I've started putting up a chair to block her from being able to come into the bathroom at all (there isn't a door leading from our bedroom to the master bath. Dumb, I know....) but then she just screams and cries, and practically acts like I've totally abandoned her! Really, I just want to take a shower in peace. Apparently that is just too much to ask :)
I am just loving all of the new things Macie does! Well, for the most part...




2 comments:
What a cute little helper you have!
So fun, Gaige did the shower thing for a while too, but I got sick of getting cold and listening to him scream bloody murder so I started showering while he was asleep. It works much better, the only bad thing is it means I don't get a shower until 11am!
Post a Comment