Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day

For valentine's day we originally had plans to go to our favorite restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steak House.  We also wanted to do something during the day and thought it'd be fun to go snowboarding.  Buuuuutttt......We really didn't want to spend $100 for snowboarding and $100 for dinner.  So we decided to just do one or the other.  Snowboarding won!  We went to Brighton because I hadn't been there yet, and we had so much fun!  It was snowing that day and so we had about 10 inches of fresh powder.  It was amazing!!  Probably the best snowboarding yet.  So when we were getting ready to leave that morning I was loading stuff in the car waiting for Dallas to come outside and he was taking forever!  Eventually he came out, we left, had a great day, and came home.  When we got home he opened the door and stepped aside to let me go in first (which he always does for me, and it's one of those little things I have grown to love!)  When the door opened, this is what I found.
There were rose petals (real ones mind you) all over the floor leading down the hallway to our bedroom.
The bedroom floor was covered along with the bed.  It was so sweet!  On my pillow was a single long stemmed rose.  These last few pictures are just me messing with the settings on my camera and I thought they turned out pretty cool.

Thanks for such a fun day and a sweet surprise honey!  I love you!

1 comments:

Andrew and Maren said...

I love your blog, I laughed several times and will proabably continue to laugh for hours. You and Dallas look amazing, and I am so proud of you Lindsey! Thank you for example throughout my life, adn being the person you were to me. You helped me be better, and I have such fond memories of you.