Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our Weekend of Boredom


Well we had another not so exciting weekend.  Didn't really do anything too thrilling, but I'm bored so I thought I'd post and bore all of you with my boring life.  We started the weekend off with our regular Friday night softball.  Only, the team we were supposed to play dropped out of the league, so we didn't get to play.  We went to the park anyway for some much needed batting practice.  We wouldn't have minded too much, except this happened last week too.  The other team knew they were going to forfeit so they just didn't show up.  Again, a night of batting practice.  Anyway, we couldn't decide what to do on Saturday.  It got to the point where we were saying to each other, "It's your turn to choose."  Dallas chose for us to go to Chipotle for lunch.  Then we went and wandered aimlessly around Sports Authority looking at stuff.....didn't find anything, so we went to Ross.  I LOVE that place!  I got some much needed new skirts for fun summer days and church, and a white tee.  (Featured below)  Best part.......skirts were only 12 bucks, and my shirt was only 4!!!  Woo!  Only, I had just woken up from a nap in this picture, and my shirt is all twisted funny.........
After our fun trip to Ross we went home and did NOTHING!!  I think we watched a bunch of shows of Flip That House on TLC for like 4 hours.  I told you, BORING!!  Buuuut, we did get fun ideas for one day when we get to buy a house.  We ended the night going to blockbuster and renting some movies.  They had one of those 4 for $20 deals going on.  Look at the pic....need I say more?
Sunday was stake conference so we had a nice relaxing day with no crazy Primary boys.  It was Dallas' Brother's birthday as well.  With birthdays come wives that have to let their husbands do whatever they want.  I didn't think his birthday would affect me at all, right?  WRONG!!! Dallas has been playing Xbox all day.  He started out playing with Ben for his birthday....and just kept playing all day.  This is what I've been looking at all day.  Bleh!!!
So to try and keep me busy, I started looking at blogs online.  I found this one of a lady who dedicated a whole blog to hairdos for little girls.  If any of you know me very well know that I'm obsessed with hair.  I love, and I mean love styling hair.  I used to do my friends hair all the time back in the day.  So I went nuts when I found this blog!  But since I don't have any little girls to practice on I got bummed out, called my sister to tell her about it, she got super excited, and then I got excited with her!  So all in all it was a good find.  Linked to this lady's site was a site that gives free instructions on how to make bows.  If any of you know me very well as of lately, you know that I am now obsessed with making bows!  So I had a fun day experimenting on how to make them.  What I'm going to do with them is beyond me, probably give them away.  But I think it's pretty safe to say, I'm getting a little baby hungry :)
Well, that's all for now.  I hope all of your weekends were a little bit more exciting than ours.


1 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Hi, Lindsey! Will told me about your blog, too, but I forgot to check it last night. How fun! Thanks for the compliment. I hope you don't mind that I am using your headband knowledge. Rachel Olsen is actually the one who started doing etsy first; then she actually set up my site for me, so I had to do it, too. :) YOU should set one up--then you'd have something fun to do with your bows. I am not making much money off of it, but it has turned into a little hobby. Might I ask when the baby hunger is tentatively going to be satisfied? :) Cute skirt, by the way.