Saturday, September 20, 2008

JoDee Messina Concert

A couple of weeks ago one of Dallas' close friends won some tickets on the radio to the JoDee Messina concert in Wendover.  It turned out that she wouldn't be able to use them so she gave them to us.  The concert was last night, so yesterday after work we left to spend the weekend there.  We thought it'd be a fun get-a-way for us.  It turned out to be a blast!  The hotels were all booked except for suites, so....here you have it.  It's kind of like a suite from the 90's, but a suite none the less.  Just ignore the floral wallpaper and teel blue furniture.  
This tub is amazing.  I will have one of these in my house one day.
This is just to show you a close up of the bar to show off the bling factor!  Only in  Nevada!!!  The elevator doors were seriously GOLD!  Like sparkly casino gold.  It was rad.
The best part of the room were the lights around the ceiling.  Sorry this picture is blurry, I had to turn off my flash so the lights would show up.
This picture is crappy too because I forgot to take my camera to the concert, so I had to use my phone.  But the concert was a BLAST!!!  JoDee Messina is one of the funniest people ever!  She was cracking jokes left and right!  It was so much fun.  And all the songs were really good.  I think Dallas is officially a fan of hers now. :)  Thanks Shannon, for the tickets!!!!
And I must confess.  Dallas persuaded me to play the slot machines while we were there.  Even though I told my mom we wouldn't gamble.....I know, I feel kinda guilty.  But it was my first and possibly only time.  We won $80 though! It was really fun actually.  It's such a rush when you actually win money....I can see how gambling is addictive.  Which is why I probably won't ever do it again. Anyway.......that's all for now.  Thanks, honey, for such a fun weekend!

0 comments: